First Aid at Work
FAW Course £899.00 + Vat for up to 12 persons.
Costs based on delivery at your place of work/venue.
Who is this course aimed at?
For First Aiders in the workplace that are looking to refresh their comprehensive certified approval. Successful delegates are awarded with a FAW certificate valid for 3 years. HSE states that you must provide your previous FAW certificate prior to commencement of the requalification. The previous certificate must be within 3 months of expiry date. HSE state that should the previous certificate be out of date then the 3 day FAW will be required.
12 hours delivered over 2 days.
The refreshing of:
- Course objectives
- Understand rules and regulations
- Understand the roles of the first aider
- Preventing cross-infection
- Use of the available equipment – Contents of first aid kits
- Primary and secondary survey – DRSAB
- Basic life support (CPR) – adult and child in a school
- Choking – adult and child in a school
Identifying and being able to administer first aid for:
- Wounds and bleeding
- Fractures and dislocations
- Burns and scalds
- Chest injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Spinal trauma
- Eye injuries
- Causes of unconsciousness – selection of the those most relevant to the audience including seizure (in a school these must include heart attack, stroke, asthma, epilepsy, diabetes and anaphylaxis)
- Understand the need for recording incidents and actions
- Formal assessment
The training venue will require the following:
- A suitable inside room for theory and practical training, big enough for participants to simulate incidents on the floor, that will be uninterrupted (with an electric socket point)
- Access to welfare – toilets, running water, suitable temperature, etc
The candidate(s) should:
- Possess the necessary level of mental fitness and learning ability required to meet the course contents above
- Possess a reasonable degree of physical fitness to meet the course content above
MHTO Training will provide:
- The Trainer/Examiner
- All training materials and comprehensive handouts
- Projector, screen, flip chart, videos and presentation
- Mannequins for each 2 participants
- Training equipment
Please call 07946 498 049
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org