NVQ Management Level 3
The awarding body for this qualification is EDI.
Management National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) are aimed at people in management roles across all occupations and sectors of employment.
The Management Level 3 qualification is aimed at individuals with a supervisory level of personal responsibility and autonomy in their management role.
They will have the ability and the opportunity to demonstrate recognisable management and leadership skills, for example, managing their own resources, providing leadership in their area of responsibility, monitoring work, planning and implementing change.
Like all NVQs, this qualification is competence-based. This means it is linked to the learner’s ability to competently perform a range of tasks connected with their work.
Learners plan a programme of development and assessment with their assessor and compile a portfolio of evidence to prove that they are competent and knowledgeable in their work role.
The NVQ programme offers a flexible approach to assessment.
Learners are work-based and achieve through Portfolio Building which offers a quality-assured route to achievement.
With attaining an NVQ LEVEL 3 a learner shows competence that involves the application of knowledge in a broad range of varied work activities performed in a wide variety of contexts, most of which are complex and non-routine. There is considerable responsibility and autonomy and control or guidance of others is often required.
The programme includes the following elements:
- Initial assessment
- Specialist tutor support
- Counselling and guidance.
- Additional learning support where necessary and appropriate.
Duration of course:
Usually a maximum of one year – with 12 assessor visits of 1 – 1.5 hours each.
There are no formal entry requirements. A skill scan will becarried out prior to starting the qualification and a discussion held with the assessor to ensure the learner’s duties, responsibilities and accountabilities are consistent with the NVQ level 3 Management qualification.
Each learner needs to:
Supply evidence of his/her achievement in management against the national standards.
Candidates must complete a total of 7 units: the 4 mandatory units plus 3 from Optional Units to successfully achieve this qualification.
This qualification is work based.
Candidates must complete all of these 4 units:
Manage your own Resources and Professional Development
Provide Leadership in your Area of Responsibility.
Allocate and Monitor the Progress and Quality of Work in your Area of Responsibility.
Ensure Health and Safety Requirements are met in your Area of Responsibility.
Candidates must also complete 3 of the following units, in addition to the mandatory units:
- Promote Equality of Opportunity and Diversity in your area of Responsibility.
- Encourage Innovation in your Area of Responsibility
- Plan Change
- Implement Change
- Develop Productive Working Relationships with Colleagues
- Recruit, Select and Keep Colleagues
- Provide Learning opportunities for Colleagues
- Manage a Budget.
- Manage a Project
Monitor and Solve Customer Service problems.
- Solve immediate customer service problems
- Identify repeated customer service problems and opinions for solving problems
- Take action to avoid the repetition of customer service problems
Work With Others to Improve Customer Service.
- Work with others to follow plans for improving customer service
- Monitor your own performance against plans to improve customer service
- Monitor joint performance against plans to improve customer service)