Select Page

November 2008 – Oversea Workers

Businesses and educational institutions planning to bring in skilled workers or students from outside the European Economic Area (and outside Switzerland) will need to be licensed as a sponsor by the Home Office UK Bordfer Agency under tougher new points sytem. This comes into force at the end of November 2008.

They will have to pass a points based assessment reflecting their ability, experience, age and (when appropriate) the level of need within a sector. The number of points needed and how they are awarded depend on which of five tiers the migrant falls into.

Details of the system are available on the web address Home Office Employing Migrant Workers Helpline: 0845-010 6677.)